Composting

Composting

David W Hamman added on May 5, 2018 | Answered

I am composting in my yard but do I continusly need to put more old dirt in the compost pile or do ed it spread and make more soil?or do I need to buy more dirt? And how long do I need to wait before I start using my new compost soil? Good soil it's my 1st time. thanks

The old dirt that you add will help to compost the pile faster, as it contains the organism responsible for this process already. Your composted soil should not contain very much recognizable material... If you can see bits of things that you have put it, then it needs a little longer to break down. Once it looks like good soil, you can use it.

Turning the pile will help quite a bit with the process. This article will help: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/composting/basics/ultimate-beginners-guide-composting.htm

00
Here are more questions about Composting