Composting

Compost Pile

Rid-X is an enzyme additive to help the matter in septic tanks break down. I wonder if it would be safe to use in my compost pile-- as an additive to quicken the decomposing process. What do you think? If not, what handy product could I use?

cubadeb

Hi Anonymous - sorry for a later answer but I'm new and just reading some of the posts - I've heard of Rid-X but I'm thinking this is not the best thing for a compost pile. Garden centers usually have compost accelerator which you sprinkle on every month or so depending on the season- it runs about $5 to $7 for a 1 Kilo box. I've also heard of using organic molasses - but I think it would be kind of pricey - I have no idea how much molasses it would take.

Also - check your compost pile for earthworms - a must-have - If you don't have any or only have a few - go adopt some more and add them in.

00
Here are more questions about Composting