Fruit Trees

Combining Elements for a Longer Lasting Spray

peachykeen added on July 21, 2011 | Answered

I saw some recipes for homemade garden sprays using very hot peppers to spray to discourage insects from attacking ones fruit trees. Can I combine neem oil? From early spring (buds) until. . . do I need to be spraying through the entire growing season until harvest to keep infestation down to a minimum? Is there a point during the growing season when bugs are'nt trying to lay eggs on fruit?

Cathy

I suggest you check with your local extension office (found under gov't in your phone book) for a spray schedule for fruit trees in your area. That will give you a better idea of when and how often you need to spray your trees.

NO don't mix the neem with other sprays. Most of the homemade garden sprays that include hot peppers as intended as an insect repellant. Neem is an insecticide and does kill the pests. When working with fruit trees using organic methods, you might want to consider light horticultural oil as another control method. Just depends on what type of fruit tree you are growing and what particular insect problems you are having.

00
Here are more questions about Fruit Trees