Columbine Plants

I am having trouble with my columbine. They come up just awesome and flower. Then all the leaves start falling off and I have just the flower. What is going on? It happens every year that I have had them and I do not want that to happen.

Answered on November 30, -0001

Some columbines do this from time to time. Problems like powdery mildew, leaf miner or spider mites can lead to leaf drop. Here is a link to an article about Columbines that you may find useful: Some columbines seem to start dropping their foliage soon after flowering and start going dormant. Their work of producing a bloom that will then produce seeds seems to have taken all of their energy. Deadheading them just as soon as the bloom starts to fade sometimes alleviates problems like this.

Here are more questions about Columbine Plants