Elephant Ear Plants

Colocasia Esculenta Foundering

Rifkella added on July 19, 2016 | Answered

I just bought this beauty six days ago and she has just gone downhill. I was told to keep it moist and in partial shade. It was outside at a nursery in full sunlight when I got it. I didn't water the first two days, as the soil was still moist but once I started watering, the bottom leaves began to droop and turn yellow. Then more leaves, and then more. I have watered the soil evenly but have not saturated it. It's indirect sunlight. I was waiting for it to acclimate to repot. And I had a drainage pay with rocks under until last night, was afraid it was too wet (though everything I have read that they do not mind growing in big water, etc., actually). We are experiencing a heatwave here (90' plus) but so was the nursery it came from. We live in Brooklyn, NY zone 6b. Please help this plant!

Any move in lighting is an adjustment for a plant.
Keep the plant in a sheltered, cool area and gradually acclimate it too it's new location.
They prefer partial sun, but can be grown in full sun.
Make sure the soil is moist, but never soggy. The excess water should drain from the plant.
You don't want the bulb and roots to dry out.
Here is an article that has more care information.

https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/bulbs/elephant-ear/growing-elephant-ear-plants.htm

00
Here are more questions about Elephant Ear Plants