Fertilizer

Coffee Grounds in Garden

Peggi T (Carolyn Thompson) added on September 11, 2017 | Answered

When you add used coffee grounds to your garden, should they be dry or can they be wet? I've been saving my grounds in a plastic container on a kitchen counter and at the end of a week or two - or when the container is full, I add them to my azaleas, rhoddies, roses and vegetables, but I got to thinking maybe I'm doing it wrong and the grounds should be dried out first. I call myself looking for an answer and there is probably a logical one, but I can't seem to find an answer. I would appreciate. very much, your response. Thank-you, Peggi Thompson, Renton WA

Coffee grounds can be added whenever you want to. They are a good source of nitrogen, and very light on the plants' roots. I would recommend adding them frequently if they are wet, as they could mold rather quickly. Here is an article that will help:https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/composting/ingredients/coffee-grounds-gardening.htm

00
Here are more questions about Fertilizer