Clivia Plants

Clivia in a Pot

Maureen B-G added on August 7, 2016 | Answered

I live on Vancouver Island. I've had a Clivia growing indoors in a pot for many years and, except for the first 2 years, it has never since bloomed and the ends of the leaves go brown. I've been told the plant likes to be root bound, but I did split it up early this spring. I think it was too rootbound 'cause there was very little soil left in the pot. Both plants seem to be doing well, but I still have the brown leaf tip problem. Any suggestions?

Brown leaf tips are often the result of root problems, as you've guessed. It may take a while for the plant to recover. Here are more details:

Clivia can be challenging plants. You could try the procedure in this article to force blooming, if you have not already:

Here are more questions about Clivia Plants