Climbing Rose Is a Non-Bloomer

How do I get my 'David Austin' climbing pink rose to start blooming again? Last year I only got two to three flowers. I am in a new season and would like some suggestions.

Sometimes the climbing rosebushes just need a bit of thinning out as they get so overgrown that the bush works too hard keeping all of its foliage going. Other times it may be that the soil, as well as the bush, need some nutrients that they are not getting. I do not know what you are currently feeding your rosebush, but would recommend using a good organic rose food that feeds both the soil and the bush itself. Make sure the bush is getting plenty of sun (6 to 8 hours per day) too. If something is blocking the sun or if you have had a cloudy season, the bloom production may be far less. Look for any signs of insect or disease damage that might be stressing the bush out too. Some insects will attack the buds early on and they just fall off and do not bloom.