Citrus Trees

Citrus Tree With No Thorns

lbmellman added on March 24, 2018 | Answered

I found a small citrus tree growing in a flower bed that does not have thorns. I'm not sure what type of tree it is and currently have it growing in a container before I plant it in elsewhere the ground. Does anyone know which citrus trees do not have thorns and would it make a difference in the quality of fruit?

Many citrus, by the time they are able to bear fruit, will no longer have thorns. Determining the type based on this alone would be close to impossible. If you know for sure that the tree is not a grafted tree, and you know the age of it and it should not be able to fruit yet, then this can narrow down the possibilities but this trait doesn't indicate a certain species. You will have to wait for fruit to determine that.

I, also, notice that there seems to be a pH imbalance from the crinkling and curling of leaves. This will need to be corrected with dolomitic lime and iron sulfate.

00
Here are more questions about Citrus Trees