Garden Pest Control

Cicada Killer Wasps

Sue164 added on July 17, 2016 | Answered

This is the third summer my back patio is a mess with the cicada killers!! I guess they return to where they were hatched or something like that. There are big ones and babies up to 20 at a time buzzing around outside the back door. The only danger seems to be if they bump into you while walking across the patio. It is a bit creepy and some people get frightened. Does anyone have any ideas, other than killing, to discourage them for next summer? Thanks for any suggestions.

kh0001

I'm sorry the cicada killer wasps seem to have taken up residence somewhere near your patio!

These articles will help you take some precautions and hopefully discourage them in the years to come:

https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/plant-problems/pests/insects/cicada-killer-wasp-control.htm

00
Here are more questions about Garden Pest Control