Christmas Palm Plants

Christmas Palm Tree

Debbie Olcott added on January 24, 2018 | Answered

I have a Christmas palm that I keep on my deck and then take it in my house come September because it starts getting too cool. The leaves are starting to get all brown. Is it dying?? Or can I try and get miracle grow for palms? Some leaves are still green.

There are two likely scenarios here.

You should fertilize the palm roughly every 4 months. If it doesn't then this could be the reason. If you already do this, then the issue may be a soil infection.

There are a few things that can infect the soil. Some can be cured, and some cannot. Apply dolomitic lime, and wettable sulfur to the soil. This will kill off anything that can be cured.

If this treatment does not work, then it has come to the worst case scenario. The tree will eventually be killed by the disease.

This article will give you information on their care:

Here are more questions about Christmas Palm Plants