Christmas Cactus Plants
Q.

Christmas cactus

Zone Camden, SC 29020, but I live on a lake | Anonymous added on January 13, 2019 | Answered

I have 3 huge, beautiful Christmas cactuses that probably have been in their pots 5 years if not longer. They are too heavy for me as they are. Can I trim off a lot of foliage back to pot rim which will lighten the plant, therefore making it easier for me to handle, remove plant, remove as much old soil as possible, & repot in same container with new soil? The containers are 10" across, so you can see what huge plants are in them.

A.
    A.Answers to this queston: Add Answer

You are right that it is a good idea to repot your holiday cactus and now is a good time to do it. Here is an article that covers how to prune and how much you can remove without damaging the plant's health. https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/cacti-succulents/christmas-cactus/christmas-cactus-pruning.htm

00

Did you find this helpful? Share it with your friends!

here are more questions about...
    Christmas Cactus Plants
    Join Us - Sign up to get all the latest gardening tips!

Do you know a lot about gardening?
    Become a GKH Gardening Expert

Learn More