Christmas Cactus Plants

Christmas Cactus

mama_goose added on September 24, 2017 | Answered

I've had a Christmas cactus for 4years. I live in central FL.and it has been on my lanai and never outside. I happened to be watering it today when I spotted an egg like protrusion (for lack of a better description) growing in the middle of the plant. It is pinkish in color and resembles an egg in its shape.I was hesitant to touch it so I do not know if it is soft or hard. It does not look like a mushroom but it does have a root which looks like it is coming from the root of the cactus. I hope you can tell me what it is as it has stumped everyone I show a picture of it. Thank you Alice Meunier . My email is mama_goose@hotmail.com

If you could include a picture, it would better help me to understand what it might be.

00
Here are more questions about Christmas Cactus Plants