Soil Problems

Chicken Poo and Lasagna

I defiantly need to explain that title! This year my soil is looking poor and the weeds are getting the upper hand. I have a battle plan for next year of first laying a very thick layer of fresh chicken poop down and tilling in then laying straw and cardboard on top to do the lasagna effect to smother weeds. I plan on leaving it this way for the entire 2016 year then uncovering later winter to let life start coming back to the soil as spring warms. My question is, does this sound like a solid plan or what flaws do you see with this? It's a very large area and I don't have the equipment to do a large compost pile (though I'd love to) and to move it around. Thank you for your time, hope you can still eat lunch after this headline. Ellen :)

The idea of using time and manure to reset your garden is a good one!
I will give you this link that will help you get the pattern and material list in order.
https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/garden-how-to/soil-fertilizers/lasagna-gardening.htm
And we always appreciate a good sense of humor here!

00
Here are more questions about Soil Problems