Cherry Laurel

Cherry Laural Bushes

rmetz99 added on May 21, 2015 | Answered

Planted three 4 foot bushes a year and a half ago. Heavy mulched bed. Last winter turned them brown! One had a few green branches and now several more. It did flower a few weeks back. Another is still brown, but showing new growth at the base. Another is not looking well at this time. My question: should I trim off the brown leaves or limbs? Or maybe give them a little more time? Thank you in advance! Rick Metz 99 River Corner Road Conestoga, Pa. 17516

Our long harsh winter that nearly the entire United States suffered may have did damage to your Cherry Laural.

I would trim away any damaged or dead branches and wait and see.
I have been assessing many of my shrubs and plants in my garden also! I always give plants plenty of time and care to see if they can come back.

Here is a link to the care needed for your shrubs.

Here are more questions about Cherry Laurel