Cherry Tomatoes

Cherry and Grape Tomato

sjm1108 added on May 3, 2013 | Answered

Finally the weather has gotten nice in NJ. Planted cherry tomato in a five gallon pot and grape tomato in the dirt a couple of days ago.

My question is, will I still be getting cherry tomatoes from the potted plant when I move it indoors for the fall and winter?

First time I planted tomatoes. I'm excited.
thanks
Stephen

Probably not, but anything is possible. This article will help with growing tomatoes indoors: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/edible/vegetables/tomato/growing-indoor-tomatoes.htm

00
sjm1108

I have a grape tomato plant in the ground can I transplant that into a pot? also was reading on topping off the plant can I do that at anytime after 3-4 feet, or does it have to be one month before frost? and can I clip the head at any spot on the main stalk ?
thanks
Stephen

00
kreg

Well weather bites down here in Texas 44mph winds yes your cherry tomatoes will keep popping if the type is . indeterminate.Aren't homegrowed tomatoes are the best.happy picking

00
Here are more questions about Cherry Tomatoes