Plant Recommendations

Cemetery …I’m Unable to Care for Flowers

smorris added on April 17, 2013 | Answered

I am 82, in Ohio, and want to have blooming flowers at my husband's grave. It's sunny all day. I'm unable to water them. So when I plant them, they will get no water except rain. I do mulch them. They wither and usually die. I really need suggestions what I can plant to tolerate no care and hot sun situation.
Thank you.

Stella 'd Oro is a reblooming golden daylily. Maintenance requirements are only pull dead bloom scapes monthly. Loves full sun.

Any of the tall sedums. Bloom in late summer, there are variegated and black varieties with color in leaves.

"Firepower" Nandina, a dwarf shrub with 3 different colorations of foliage each year. New growth is cream and chartreuse green with some pink, maturing to green and red in summer and a deep burgundy in winter. Full Sun.

Here are more questions about Plant Recommendations