Cucumber Plants

Cause of Cucumber and Cantaloupe Brown Leaf Spot Leading to Plant Death

hummingbird4 added on August 17, 2012 | Answered

Both last year and this year my cucumber and cantaloupe plants developed brown spots on the leaves, which eventually lead to both dying prematurely. I changed the location of where they were in my garden. I sprayed them once with a sulfer lime solution, but I really didn't know what I was doing. What's going on? Help!

The only thing I can think of is a fungal or bacterial leaf spot problem, most likely from water on the leaves. Humid conditions, overcrowding, and poor circulation can also contribute to leaf spot. Remove and destroy all the affected foliage. All leaf spot diseases can be controlled by decreasing or eliminating overhead irrigation, minimizing leaf wetness periods, discarding heavily infested plants, and applying preventive fungicide applications.

Here are more questions about Cucumber Plants