Cauliflower Plants

Cauliflower Problems

As a newbie to gardening, I have been trying to grow cauliflowers, following all the instructions and advice I could find. I transplanted the seedlings at the beginning of May, and to date, I have been successful in growing huge plants (i. e. leaves, but no 'flower'). What have I done wrong? Is there a chance the plants may still 'produce', or should I dig them up, compost the leaves, and use the plot for something else?

There are several reasons your cauliflower may not be heading. Too much nitrogen can give you leaves without flowers or your pH might be off. Cauliflower likes a pH around 6.5. It's too late in the season for your plant to develop heads now. I'd pull them. Take heart, though, cauliflower aren't the easiest garden plant to grow.

Here are more questions about Cauliflower Plants