Carolina Jessamine Plants

Carolina Jessamine

I have searched but cannot find an answer. I read that carolina jessamine is a fast growing vine that you have to cut back a lot. I bought mine very early spring and it grew fast at first, but since June it seems to be at a stand still. We have had drought but I water plenty. Some of the leaves are a little yellow, but besides that it looks very healthy. It is in full sun and it's very hot here in Louisiana. I just don't know why it isn't growing anymore. Thank you.

Most rapidly growing plants need a year or two to really get established (i.e. they are growing their roots). Once they are established, they grow rapidly. Consider this year its settling in year and next year you should see the kind of growth you are looking for. For more info on its care, this article will help: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/vines/carolina-jessamine/growing-carolina-jessamine.htm

00
Here are more questions about Carolina Jessamine Plants