Bamboo Palm

Caring for Potted Bamboo Palms on a Windy Waterfront Terrace?

dtgmia added on April 22, 2017 | Answered

I have mature bamboo palms on a terrace. I live in a waterfront high-rise in Miami. The plants are about 8 feet tall, and I've had them about a year. The leaves continue to turn brown, and the plants don't look as healthy as when I purchased them. What type of fertilizer is best? Or, do you think it's the wind?

Too little or too much water can cause browning leaves in potted plants. Too much wind or too much sun are other possibilities, since this plant prefers partial shade and semi-sheltered spots (though it does tolerate full sun, it may not look its best).

Browning leaves can sometimes be caused by salt in the soil or water supply. The bamboo palm does have moderate salt tolerance, but high salt levels could still make it unhealthy.

https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/plant-problems/environmental/what-causes-brown-edges-on-leaves-of-plant.htm

00
Here are more questions about Bamboo Palm