Container Yucca Plants

Caring for a Yucca Tree Outdoors

I have a potted Yucca tree that would like to plant in the ground because it has gotten to big for my house. I am concerned about thebputdoor temperature. I live in New York. Is it more important to keep the leaves warm or the roots warm? I can cover the roots with a blanket and mulch. So I need to wrap the tree as well?

If you live in a part of the state that gets below -10 degrees you will want to only grow these as a houseplant. If it stays above that, then it will survive just fine. The roots are more important to keep protected, but the whole plant will suffer if it gets out of range. You can mulch if you wish, as it is better to be prepared, than not. Here is an article that will give you more information: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/foliage/yucca/caring-for-and-landscaping-with-yuccas-outdoors.htm

00
Here are more questions about Container Yucca Plants