Maidenhair Ferns

Care of Maidenhair Fern

I have tried several times to grow this plant indoors, and they all died. I read your info on their care, i.e. don't let them dry out. When I see them in the garden centers, they look beautiful and are bone dry. I water them before they get dry, but let them drain through. They die. Why are they beautiful and bone dry in stores, but all sites say not to let them dry out? Peggy Shreve

Many times those lush looking plants you see in the stores have just arrived from the growers, so they are quite happy.

Lack of humidity in the home is a big reason for difficulty in growing Maidenhair Ferns or any ferns.
Taking the ideal growing location and then trying to reproduce those growing conditions indoors can be a challenge but can be done.

Trays of pebbles and water can help with humidity and daily misting.

Maidenhair Ferns are often called "the Diva's of ferns' so you are not alone in having trouble growing this beautiful fern!

http://www.uvm.edu/pss/ppp/articles/fernsin.html

00
Here are more questions about Maidenhair Ferns