Hellebore Plants

Care of Helleborus

Anonymous added on January 2, 2017 | Answered

I was given a Helleborus just before Christmas. It is in full bloom, but the leaves are turning yellow and dying. I just repotted the plant (it is in my Florida room and will be getting indirect sunlight). I fertilized it when I repotted. I am afraid it is going to die. What am I doing wrong?

It can be challenging to grow and keep a Hellebore in pots indoors.
Make sure the pot and soil are well draining, if the plant sits in soggy soil it may suffer from root rot.
Make sure the drainage tray is emptied after watering.

Allow the soil to dry slightly between watering. When the top inch of so has dried then water again.

You should place your Hellebore in a partial sun or filtered sunlight location. Morning sun and afternoon shade is a good growing situation.

Do not over fertilize.

A slow release well balanced fertilizer can be applied in the spring.

https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/flowers/hellebore/growing-hellebores.htm

00
Here are more questions about Hellebore Plants