Ming Aralia Plants

Care of Cuttings

I made some Ming aralea cuttings in June, and they are fully rooted in water. I had intended to send them by UPS to my sister in Santa Fe, NM, but the cost of overnight shipping is too high. I am visiting her in late September, so I will take the cuttings with me when I fly. Question: Should I be doing anything to feed the cuttings, or otherwise care for them?

Plant them in nice light soil or potting mix! Rooting plants in water is pretty much a myth. Roots that grow in water are different than roots that grow in soil. So when you put the rooted cuttings into soil, they still have to grow new roots!
Put them into soil in small pots, or pot, keep them in bright indirect light, and when you're ready to travel, roll up some paper towels and pack them tightly over the top of the soil, then wrap some heavy brown paper firmly around the pots and up past the top of the foliage, and carry them in a bag that you can keep protected and upright.

Here are more questions about Ming Aralia Plants