Boston Fern Plants

Care of an Older Boston Fern

I really hope you can give me some advice about my Boston Fern. It is probably 4 years old and had been doing very well hanging in our sunroom in the southeast corner. I keep it watered very frequently and I also mist it ever so often. Now there are a lot of dead fronds and when I checked down at the base today, all I can find is a lot of dead frond bases. It is so packed with them, so much that I cannot even see the potting soil and there is no new growth evident at all! Should I try repotting it? I really hate to lose it, as it still has a good many healthy green fronds, but no evidence of new growth. Thank you.

It sounds like it needs to be divided and repotted. Dividing it will push the plant to regenerate itself and grow new fronds. This article will be helpful: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/houseplants/boston-fern/boston-fern-runners.htm

00
Here are more questions about Boston Fern Plants