Hibiscus Plants

Care for Hibiscus

We have a pink Hibiscus that we just planted this past spring and we love it. It blooms constantly with pretty pink flowers but I don't know what I need to do for the winter to keep it safe so it will come back next year. It is planted in front of our house along with other plants, so I can't bring it inside.

If they are hardy hibiscus, you do not need to do anything. They tolerate winter very well to Zone 5 without help. If they are tropical hibiscus, they will not be able to survive in the ground over the winter outside of Zone 9 or higher. These plants will not tolerate more than a night or two of light freezes. Even one hard freeze (below 25) could kill the plant. You will need to dig them up, place them in pots and bring them indoors for the winter.

00
Here are more questions about Hibiscus Plants