Echeveria Plants

Care for Echeveria When on Holiday?

How to care for Echeveria when you go On 2 weeks holiday... Right now my Echeverias (I have several typrs--topsy turvy, light green, black and pearl) are sitting in my window sill facing morning sun and are watered once a week. I will go in 2 weeks hi ok today and want to know what is the best way to care for these plants when I go in holiday. I dint want to come back to find them wilted, altho so far sites have said they are Hardy... Do you recommend I move the plants to shady area, water them thoroughly, with water well drained thru the day before I go On holiday and hope they survive when I return? I was looking at these watering stakes that can be placed in the soil and allow the water to drain to the root as needed by plant....does this work for succulents?

Your plan sounds like a good one. Echeverias are desert plants and quite drought tolerant, so underwatering is always less of a concern for them. They should do fine for 2 weeks. If they are a bit unhappy when you return, they should perk up when you resume your usual watering schedule. I haven't used the watering stakes so I don't know if there is a risk that they will overwater and cause rot.

00
Here are more questions about Echeveria Plants