Cardboard Palm Trees

Cardboard Palm Leaf Drop

wdavidneely added on March 30, 2015 | Answered

I have an indoor cardboard palm that hasn't gotten a leaf in two years. They come out (much slower than the past ones) and turn brown, or they start to leaf out and turn brown. I've tried more water, less water, more fertilizer, less fertilizer but it doesn't seem to help. The fronds are not forming like they should. I live in PA. Help me! Thank you.

You mentioned watering schedules and fertilizer, but what kind of lighting is it in most of the day? Cardboard palms thrive in moderate to bright light.

Also, what type of fertilizer did you use? You should fertilize with a slow release palm food or a diluted household plant food once monthly during the growing season

Lastly, is it possible the cardboard palm is root bound? That would stress the plant and cause erratic growth and problems. I'd take a look at the roots and see if something's amiss. You might give it a new pot with fresh potting soil and add some extra perlite to facilitate drainage.

For more information on cardboard palms, please visit the following link:
https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/houseplants/cardboard-palm-plants/growing-cardboard-palms.htm

00
Here are more questions about Cardboard Palm Trees