Plant Recommendations

Canopy-Cover Plants Suggestions Please

snakeskins added on September 19, 2017 | Answered

With a little resourcefulness I managed to install a bamboo shade over that extends from the roof of my shed. I'm pleased with the way it turned out(the bamboo part anyway) and I'm excited to grow a beautiful green roof! I live in the hot desert of Las Vegas, NV and as far as plants go, I want to grow a few along side of the shed and or hanging off the bamboo canopy. I want them to grow a thick, lush cover over the entire surface area of the bamboo. Variety is great, perennials are a must, the bigger the leaves-the better, and thicker the growth-the best. Any suggestions? Please lay them on me :) The photo from left to right is east to west in the photo.

I recommend Virginia creeper. It will do wonderfully in your area. Also, Sweet potatoes come in several colors and shapes, if you wanted to to towards the edible side of things. Another option would be to try hops. Those will do wonderfully there.

00
Here are more questions about Plant Recommendations