Canna Lilies

Canna Bulb Winterizing

rickpotts55@yahoo.com added on November 16, 2017 | Answered

I have the canna bulbs out of the ground and they are in a continuous section (kind of all connected) and there are string like roots coming from the entire section of plants. Should I cut off these roots so I clean away more of the dirt? Also, as I was cleaning away the old dirt, one of the plants root structures broke off from the entire plant section. Is this section still salvageable ( useful for replanting next year or will this not come back?

You should clean it lightly. Take off any smaller roots, and keep mass intact until it is time to plant. It is not necessary to wash them but you can knock off any loose dirt. Here is a guide to wintering These: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/bulbs/canna/storing-canna-bulbs.htm

00
Here are more questions about Canna Lilies