Green Pepper Plants

Can Pale Green Pepper Leaves Cured With Matchsticks

jozie77 added on June 4, 2013 | Answered

Last year my green pepper plants' leaves turned a pale green, not yellow at all. They looked quite strange. My lawnmower man said if I put a couple matchsticks in the soil, upside down, and left them there, it would provide Sulphur which is probably lacking in my soil. Is this safe? Do you think it will work? How long should I leave them in? Is there an alternative? I grow a huge amount of peppers and would love to prevent this. . . before this year's plants really take off.thank you.

Sulphur contained in matchsticks would help your plants "green up". So would an application of agricultural sulphur. Folks would put books of matches in planting holes (especially tomatoes), for the benefits of sulphur. The matches would compost during the season, so there was no need to remove them. You could use Epsom Salts, (magnesium sulfate), for a quick "greening up". Use with caution and according to package direction, too much can ruin a crop...(experience).

00
Here are more questions about Green Pepper Plants