Garden Pest Control

Neem Oil on Ficus

tuesdayart added on October 29, 2015 | Answered

Can neem oil be used as a systemic on recently pruned ficus trees? I have 3 larges ficus nitida hedges (trimmed to 15'), and 1 very large (35') tree. The ground surrounding is sticky from some kind of infestation. The tree trimmer said it was a bug and the tree should be sprayed. He didn't speak a lot of English, and my Spanish is atrocious, so I couldn't get more details. I don't have the ability to spray such a tall tree, and do not relish the thought of the spray going everywhere. Also, I don't want to harm local birds with poisons. I heard Neem oil was relatively safe when applied correctly, and wondered if it could be given to the tree systemically. I am deep watering them with 5 gallon buckets with small holes at the bottom over a depression in the sandy soil, a foot away from the trunk of the tree.

Yes, Neem Oil will work systemically.

Neem Oil is organic, safe for people, pets and bees!

Here is a link with more information.

https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/plant-problems/pests/pesticides/neem-oil-uses.htm

00
Here are more questions about Garden Pest Control