Styrax

Can Neem Oil Be Applied to Tree Leaves Along With a Organic Fertilizer Applied to Roots, Also Is Neem Oil as Effective in Hot Summ

EAS added on August 7, 2017 | Answered

er temperatures (85° to 90°). I planted a Styrex tree 2 months ago. The leaves are struggling with brown patchy spots, very dry and dropping off (I thought I saw little webs on the leaves also). Although new growth is present the trees leaves are sparse and slow growing. I have already sprayed twice within 6 weeks with a store bought diluted bottle of Need Oil. I just now bought the concentrated version to dilute myself but I am now confused. One nursery said to go ahead and fertilize along with spraying on the Need Oil and another nursery said it\'s too hot outside for Need Oil to work. Can and should I use both products at the same time or just 1 or none or do something else. Please help, I love my little tree 😓

Application of Neem Oil is best in the cooler am hours. Avoid during the hot afternoon sunshine.

It does sound like it could be Leaf Scorch; this is a new planting and the temperatures are warm.

https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/trees/tgen/tree-scratch-test.htm

00
Here are more questions about Styrax