Jade Plants

Can I Set Jade Plant Outside on My North Facing Covered Porch?

saguenther added on July 2, 2014 | Answered

My Jade plant is getting so big that I thought I would set it outside on my north-facing covered front porch. Is this a good place to set it? I also have an uncovered south-facing deck that gets all day sun. Would this be a better place for it? Or, to cover all bases here, should I not set it outside at all?

Your jade would probably love going out for the summer. It must be happy where it's at, if it's grown big, and if you move it to more light, you'll be getting more growth on it. If you put it on the north porch for a week or two, then move it to the full sun, you might even get flowers. Don't put it directly into the sun or it will get sunburn -- just like us, plants need to get accustomed to the sun. Just remember that it will need more water if it has more light, but check the soil moisture to make sure you don't overdo. Also you can cut it back or repot it if it gets too big. Here's some more information: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/houseplants/jade-plant/pruning-jade-plants.htm

Here are more questions about Jade Plants