Blueberry Bushes

Can I Dig Up a Blueberry Tree and Replant?

tricia added on June 29, 2012 | Answered

I found some blueberry trees that look like they have been there for years. There are blueberries on them but they are not ready yet to be picked. They are in the middle of a wooded area and hard to get to. I was wondering if I could dig them up and replant them? Thanks.

Spring or fall are the best times to transplant blueberry bushes. However, if you can ensure that it will get plenty of water while it re-establishes in another location, it is still possible to transplant successfully. Also, if you can ensure that the majority of the roots and surrounding soil is lifted and replanted in suitable growing conditions, you'll have a greater chance of success. To reduce shock, trimming may help. Here is an article that you may find helpful: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/plant-problems/environmental/learn-how-to-avoid-and-repair-transplant-shock-in-plants.htm

00
Here are more questions about Blueberry Bushes