Holly Bushes

Holly Shrubs With Leaf Spot

prissy62 added on September 9, 2011 | Answered

Can 20 year old Holly shrubs with leaf spot be saved by pruning? I am new at gardening. My Holly shrubs are planted in front of my house under the windows. I treated with sprays. They drop a lot of leaves each year. I removed one and replaced with a new one but it ended up with the same disease the others have. Should I dig them all up, remove all the dropped leaves and start over with new plants? What about the soil? Should it be treated?

aggott1

If u go to the left side of this site go to the section of trees and shrubs. Search holly trees/bushes and u get a bunch of different subjects concerning them. I have 20' American holly trees and they get the fsame thing ur bushes do. I'm going to get my soil tested as suggested and I have as yet been able to get an arborist tell me what/if I have insects damaging the trees. Hope this helps!

00
Here are more questions about Holly Bushes