Camellia Plants

Camelia (Possibly Lady Victoria)

jjpd13@live.co.uk added on May 4, 2018 | Answered

I used a stake to support it after transplant from garden half mile away. The leaves are yellowing and some are brown. The stake is a metal alloy used inside UPVC doors. Could this poison the Camelia? It s also in a more open position from where it came? Ericaceous compost was used in the cavity for it's new home. Looks poorly to me Can I save it??? Many Thanks JJ

This could be just a product of moving stress. Can you include a photo so that I can see what is going on? Alternatively if the area remained too wet after transplant, it could have contracted an infection. It is wise to add dolomitic lime and wettable sulfur to the soil once per year. This will help keep the soil conditioned, as well as keep away any infections. This can also be used as a spot treatment when needed.

Make sure that this is not in direct sunlight. This will burn them as well. They require quite a bit of shade to remain healthy.

This article will help: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/flowers/camellia/caring-for-camellias.htm

00
Here are more questions about Camellia Plants