Camellia Plants

Camelia Plant

Janet Wanesky added on May 4, 2018 | Answered

I purchased the plant in the fall with dry leaves but many buds, so I did not prune it but kept it indoors over the winter. The buds look like they may open but the leaves are all dry but still green. Should I prune back even though the buds look like they may open? The plant is alive and about 2 foot high. Thank you for your response. janwane15@gmail.com

Can you include a photo? This sounds pretty bad. I would wait to see if the buds abort before you cut. If they open, then wait until they fade to prune. If they do not, then you may prune them now. Still a photo might help me to pinpoint the exact problem. This article will give you an idea of general care of these: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/flowers/camellia/caring-for-camellias.htm

00
Here are more questions about Camellia Plants