Camellia Plants

Camellia Japonica ‘Black Lace’

My camellia has a profusion of buds which have never flowered this year. The leaves are now turning brown and limp. It has rained constantly for the past 10 days and prior to this I did water with a fertilizer to try and stimulate the flowers. Now it looks as though it is dying. Suggestions please.

It could be suffering from over watering or it could have a fungus (brought on by the excess moisture). There is not much you can do if the issue is overwatering as it was brought on by heavy rainfall and the soil not being able to take the water away quick enough. But, if the rain stops and the water drains from the soil quickly, the plant should recover. As a precaution, I would also recommend treating for a fungus. This can cause these symptoms as well. A general fungicide would be all you would need to do this.

Here are more questions about Camellia Plants