Calla Lily Plants

Calla Lily

I planted my Calla Lily plant in my back yard. It gets plenty of sun and is on a watering system. Since May, when the weather starts to get really hot, the leaves are burning and the plant has stopped blooming. Is this normal, or should I put a sun filter over the plant? It currently gets 15 minutes of watering in the morning. Temps are now approaching 110 degrees. Perhaps I should do a double watering, AM and PM? Thanks, Joel..Mesa, Az.

Giving your Calla Lily some partial shade in those high temps is probably a good idea, and if the soil gets dry toward the end of the day then yes, double-up on the water. Calla Lilies like to be kept moist.

This article may help you:

https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/bulbs/calla-lily/growing-calla-lilies-and-care-of-calla-lilies.htm

00
Here are more questions about Calla Lily Plants