Calla Lily Plants

Calla Lily

I received a beautiful dark red calla lily for Mother\'s Day and planted it a few days later. I followed the directions for planting but within a week or so the outer leaves started turning yellow and dying and now most of the leaves have done the same. I\'ve watered the plant and it has mulch around it and I can\'t figure out what went wrong. Do you have any suggestions? I\'m sorry but I can\'t send you pictures since I don\'t own an iphone.

The yellowing leaves could indicate a watering issue. The Calla Lily prefer a good loamy, well draining soil that is moist. The soil should stay evenly moist but never soggy.

Here is an article to refresh you on the care requirements.

https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/bulbs/calla-lily/growing-calla-lilies-and-care-of-calla-lilies.htm

00
Here are more questions about Calla Lily Plants