Calamondin Trees

Calamondin Tree

mmascali added on January 14, 2016 | Answered

I have a 4 year old Calamondin tree that is my pride and joy. This summer was the most productive summer yet and the tree was filled with citrus until a very stupid mistake I recently made. My tree is planted in a very large pot so I can move it inside during the colder months. Because we've been experiencing such warm weather this year, I've just left the tree outside until one extremely cold night when temperatures reached 10 F. I realized my mistake the next morning and immediately brought the plant inside and then began to notice a very pungent smell coming from the tree. All of the citrus that was once very firm is now mushy and wrinkled and several leaves are starting to fall. I'm assuming everything froze and is now rotting. What do I need to do to make sure my tree survives? Do I trim off all of the fruit and start again from scratch?

Yes, remove the fruit and discard it.

Trim away any dead material and you will need to wait and see.

Give the tree a full sun location and maintain watering but be careful not to over water.

Do not fertilize while it is recovering.

Here are more questions about Calamondin Trees