Cactus

Cactus Rot

sommerbamford added on March 25, 2017 | Answered

So about a month or two ago my boyfriend dropped my cactus on the floor and the top broke open. I pieced it together with some rope and it eventually just dried up. I cut off the top because I saw it had started to rot and I had read online that it should be cut at the point. Its now about a week post-cut and it looks like its wilting. I haven't watered it and the top is super mushy and its looking like its moulding. Please help! I really want to save this cactus!!!

Since the top is mushy, it definitely has a rot issue. Unfortunately, you will need to cut the top off even deeper- an inch or two below the lowest mushy portion- and hope that it recovers. Continuing to avoid watering and lowering the humidity in the room, if possible, should help. Good luck.

https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/cacti-succulents/scgen/cactus-going-soft.htm

00
Here are more questions about Cactus