Lily Plants

Bushes in Pots

I planted hydrangeas and another type of bush in pots on my deck. I want to know if I should bring the pots into either the insulated garage or walk-out basement for the winter. I also planted dwarf lilies in pots and want to know what I should do with them for the winter. I have a new home without landscaping, so I don't want to plant my bushes/flowers yet. I don't know where they will be placed in the yard, so I want to keep them healthy until they are ready to be placed. I'm a first time gardener and love playing with plants!

Yes, that should be fine. As long as the container plants are sheltered from the cold, they should overwinter in either place. While the lily plants will not require any care, as watering could rot the bulbs, the hydrangea may need to be watered once a month to keep it from drying out completely.

Here are more questions about Lily Plants