Morning Glory Plants

Bush Morning Glory

Lola added on April 22, 2017 | Answered

When I planted the bush morning glory plants, they were full of beautiful white blossoms. Now, all of the blossoms are gone and I don't see any new ones developing. Do I need to deadhead? I don't see any new buds, just the spent flowers. One bush is in full sun for at least 4 hours; the other is in dappled sun. Both have drip irrigation. Both plants look healthy other than not producing any more flowers. From what I've read, I should not be fertilizing them, which I did 2 weeks ago before researching. I'd appreciate your help.

Deadheading usually helps promote more flower growth in morning glories. Once the plant makes seeds in its spent flowers, it considers its job done (in terms of reproduction) and will stop making flowers.

A nitrogen-containing fertilizer can also suppress flowering, especially if you already had enough nitrogen in the soil. Please see this article for advice:
https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/plant-problems/environmental/plant-not-blooming.htm

00
Here are more questions about Morning Glory Plants