Bulb Care

Bulbs Left in Saturated Compost

I planted a variety of bulbs in pots in late November early December, and I left them outside. The rain saturated the pots, as there were no drainage holes in the pots. I took them in the garage in the hopes that over a few weeks the pots and compost would dry out. This has not happened and the pots are still sodden. I have not tampered with them at all, but I would like to know if the bulbs would have rotted or shall I take them out of the saturated compost and start again. I will need to make sure the pots have drainage holes in them. Is it now too late to plant these bulbs again if I have managed to rescue them? What do you suggest I do? I have aboutĀ four pots planted with bulbs in total, which I hope I have not ruined (P. S.the compost has started to smell!).

If the bulbs are still firm, they are still alive. I would recommend replanting them in new potting soil/compost if they are still alive.

Here are more questions about Bulb Care