Insect Pest Control

Bugs in Soil

Last year when I started my garden, I dug up the old soil and there was white termite looking bugs in the soil. I thought I got rid of them, but later my plants fell over right above the dirt and the stalks were chewed up and hollowed out. The bugs were in the stalks and dirt too. Does anyone know what they are? Any info would be helpful.

These are larva or grubs and could belong to a wide variety of insects that chew on plants. I would treat the area and the plants grown in that area with neem oil. This will keep the grubs from maturing into insects that chew on your plants and also keeps the adult insects from laying more eggs (which then turn into more grubs). Here is more information on neem oil: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/problems/pests/neem-oil-uses.htm

00
Here are more questions about Insect Pest Control