Brugmansias

Brugmansia Flowering

joancbcave added on July 4, 2017 | Answered

I understand that a brugmansia will not produce flowers until it forms a fork. I have one which is about 4'tall, in a container, and it has a lot of leaves at its tip, but shows no sign of producing an offshoot to form a fork. It DOES have another sprout coming from the root ball. I have cut this off several times but it keeps coming back. Could that be considered a "fork"? If not, how do I get it to form a fork? If a photo is essential, I will have to try to find out how to send you one, but I really do just want to know if there is a way to force a fork. thanks

I have not heard of this growing pattern as necessary for blooming.

Key to a healthy and blooming Brugmansia is proper growing conditions, moisture and nutrients.
This link will refresh you on the care requirements.
https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/trees/brugmansia/care-for-brugmansia-outside.htm

00
Here are more questions about Brugmansias