Camellia Plants

Brown Leaf on Camellia

pottle added on May 15, 2011 | Answered

I planted a camellia last year in a large pot filled with general purpose compost (50 ltr). This year I got 4 flowers. It has started to grow, but I have noticed that several leafs are turning brown. It was situated in a corner near the back wall and fence. Do I remove the brown leaves or leave them to just fall off? It sat in the same position all last year from late April and was fine. Now I have this problem. Please can you help? I can notice no marks on the underside of the leaves. I water only at evening and only if the top 1" or 2" is dry.

It sounds like it might have a fungus. You can remove the brown leaves as they are dead and treat the plant with a fungicide. This will take care of the fungus disease.

00
Here are more questions about Camellia Plants